Rebecca Whitlocke from Antibes Yachting will participate in Yare Networking 2020 where she will moderate a cyber security workshop.
Over the past decade, YARE (Yachting Aftersales and Refit Experience) has connected over 1300 companies and 800 Captains at the annual Viareggio event.
NAVIGO, the nautical innovation and development company organising YARE 2020, has redesigned the event format due to logistics and time, so the 10th edition of YARE is going digital.
YARE 2020 Programme
On Thursday 26 and Friday 27 November, all activities will be available online allowing companies and Captains to participate actively, thanks to the new YARE App.
The Superyacht Captains Forum LIVE – organised by The Superyacht Group – will be visible via streaming on the opening day, November 26, offering dynamic content with industry experts.
Five workshops will be hosted in virtual rooms where participants will discuss five specific topics:
1. Planning refit projects.
2. Innovations on painting and coating.
3. Cyber security.
4. Green agenda on technologies to reduce environmental impact.
5. Legal administration and taxation.
Rebecca will join other event moderators including:
- David Seal, Writer, Blogger and Broker
- John Leonida, Strategic Superyacht Industry Advisor from LP Squared consultancy
- Justin Ratcliffe, Content Creator and Presenter of the Boat Show
- Ken Hickling, Riela Yachts Director, Emeritus Board, Member ISS,
- Martin Redmayne, Chairman of The Superyacht Group
- Natalia Langsdale, Blogger and Expert in the Luxury Sector
The Shipyard tours, RINA Captains Awards and the Passerelle Pitch will all be broadcasted live.
Friday 27th November at 12.00 pm CET :
Rebecca Whitlocke from Antibes Yachting will be moderating a workshop with the topic “THE DIGITAL THREAT / CYBER SECURITY” where the discussion will focus on how easy is it to get on board a superyacht digitally, and whether the industry is prepared for 2021 and the new IMO Cyber regulations.
The panelists joining her are:
- Lorenzo Pollicardo – Technical & Environmental Director, Superyacht Builders Association (SYBAss)
- Paul Miller – Director of Underwriting, Hiscox MGA
- Pete Murphy – CEO, Priavo Security
- Yannis Maroulis – Manager Business Development, ABS
- Mark Oakton – Security Director, Infosec Partners
- Matthew Roberts – Head of Group Sales, Riela Cyber
- Candas Balcı – COO, Marinbase
Friday 27th November at 17:00 CET :
Rebecca will also participate in a closing talk “HOW TO MAKE YOUR YACHT FAMOUS?” moderated by David Seal, a broker who is well known from his Yachts for Sale YouTube channel .
Panelists will have a lively discussion about careful management of social media in order to make sure your yacht is famous for the right reasons.
How to participate in YARE 2020:
You can download the ‘YARE – Navigo’ app from the App Store or Google Play, register your participation and join the event over the 2 days.
The full event schedule can be found at: www.yarenetworking.com
Media Coverage links:
YARE Press Release announcing bloggers and influencers: https://www.yarenetworking.com/2020/11/10/press-release-influencers-and-bloggers-of-international-yachting-industry-yare-2020-digital-edition/
PressMare Italy: https://www.pressmare.it/it/saloni-nautici/yare/2020-11-10/influencer-e-blogger-della-nautica-protagonisti-2020-28939
YouTube trailer from Rebecca Whitlocke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZM-V3kWyg–
Subscribe to the Antibes Yachting mailing list on our Home page to stay updated with yachting news, events and company updates relevant to the yachting community in Antibes.