In relation to the website www.antibesyachting.com
This policy along with our Terms and Conditions (located on the Home page of our website) defines the systems we use to collect your information and how we ensure the data we store is secure. The data controller is Antibes Yachting. Our policy may change from time to time. In this case the amended version will be published on our website.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, is a regulation that came into effect May 25, 2018. The GDPR regulates the collection, processing, transport, and use of personal information about individuals in Europe.
GDPR applies to Antibes Yachting because we have both direct and indirect European customers, staff, and Partners whose personal information may be collected or processed by us, or on our behalf. Some of the suppliers and companies we use have a GDPR policy in place – this includes Twitter and Facebook.
To find out more about compliance with GDPR, you can visit the ICO’s Guide to GDPR.
1. Information we collect and from whom
Antibes Yachting collects data in the “Subscribe”, “Partners” and “Contact us” sections of our website in order to help with our news distribution, client / event management and business enquiries:
The information we may collect and by whom can include but is not limited to:
– Your name, postal address, email address, billing address, phone number, gender, nationality, directory package selection and other individual details such as job title, yacht name and size or company name. We may also collect financial information such as bank account or credit card information via secure third-party sites for the purposes of payment of directory fees, event registrations or marketing fees.
– The details of your visit on our website via analytics or statistical tools.
– Information about your computer or device such as IP address, operating system, browser.
We may keep a record of the correspondence between you and us, which may include monitoring calls, social media chat messages, emails, text messages, WhatsApp messages, video conferencing messages and other communications with you. We may use your information to send you our company news updates, company information and marketing material, surveys for research purposes and to send you updates on new maritime legislation and industry-specific matters.
2. How and why we use this information
We will process any personal data lawfully under one or more of the following bases:
Consent: where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. In circumstances where we need your consent to process data, we will make this clear, unambiguous and you will have to proactively agree to the processing. We can seek your consent by written or electronic means or verbally. Where processing is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent to processing at any time.
Compliance with a Legal or Regulatory obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law or regulations (not including contractual obligations).
Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests pursued by us. In such cases our legitimate interests are as follows:
- To provide excellent service to our clients by ensuring they are fully informed about all of our services and those of our Partners.
- To undertake marketing or research activities to improve or adapt the services we offer and to help our business grow.
- To add value to our client relations by fully informing clients about events, deals or promotions.
Performance of an Agreement : the processing is necessary for an agreement we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
We will use personal information about you primarily in connection with the provision of our services, namely:
- Establishing and continuing communications with you;
- Arranging directory listings (providing information, renewals, agreement administration);
- Marketing activities, market research and client profiling;
- Collecting, processing and refunding directory or marketing fees;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Where we believe it is necessary to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Business transfers where we sell whole or part of our business and/or assets to a third party purchaser to allow the purchaser to maintain communication;
- Allowing Antibes Yachting and associated sister companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by them;
- Social media monitoring and statistical analysis; and
- Creating databases for use by us and others we may share information with.
3. Data Transfer / Data Security / Information Disclosure
By registering as a subscriber on our site you agree to the transmission and disclosure of your personal data to third parties as necessary. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EAA (European Economic Area) who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your information you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. This is in compliance with the French Information and Civil Liberties law of 6th January 1978 and directive 95/46 CE. In our case, this information transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, for example payment of directory or marketing fees. Third parties to whom we disclose personal data are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep personal data confidential and secure and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation.
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your data for marketing purposes with third parties without your explicit consent.
Prospective buyers of Antibes Yachting or any of its assets: If we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
Our website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 % secure, we can not take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Although Antibes Yachting makes every effort to preserve users’ privacy, we may need to disclose your personal data to third parties if required in order to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or safeguard public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of fraud or crime).
4. User Rights
We take privacy seriously. In compliance with the French Information and Civil Liberties law of 6 January 1978 users have free access to amend, supplement, update, block or erase data affecting him or her when errors, inaccurate information or data, the collection, use, transfer, keeping of which is forbidden, have been detected. Any user also has the right to ask Antibes Yachting not to process their personal data.
Should you wish to exercise said right and receive all your personal information kindly contact the company known as Antibes Yachting at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are required to verify your identity by sending a proof of identity such as copy of your passport.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, but if you do so, part of the site may not work correctly. Information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system and browser type may also be used to examine usage trends, but this will not allow for any personal identification.
6. Links to third parties sites
7. Contact us
Antibes Yachting will retain personal data only for the duration you specify. We will refrain from keeping information on users upon written request from them. If you want your information to be removed from our database or if you have any questions or requests, please email us at email@example.com or write to: Antibes Yachting, 63 chemin Fournel Badine, 06160 Juan les Pins, Côte d’Azur, France.
Last updated: 24 July 2020