Are you listed on Google My Business? If not, you’re missing out on sending traffic to your yachting website and customers finding your product/service.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to manage how your yachting business appears on Google Search and Google Maps. Your GMB profile can show your contact info, opening hours, website address, products, photos, pricing, promotions and customer reviews.
Benefits of Google My Business for yachting companies
- Google My Business is a great tool for your business. Firstly, it is a FREE listing on one of the biggest search engines making it cost-effective and especially appealing for small enterprises, freelancers or start-ups.
- Your profile will appear in Google Search. If you emphasise your location, you can sometimes be in the top 3 ranking for your location.
- Your GMB profile appears on Google Maps which is a no-brainer for potential customers who are on their smartphones with geolocation looking for products and services “near me”.
- Google ensures your business keeps ranking if you stay up-to-date with your opening hours, posts and other contact information.
Tips for your Google My Business profile
- To set up your free Google My Business profile, go to google.com/business Fill in as much information as possible, making sure you use your location and relevant keywords in your GMB company description so Google can tell what you’re trying to rank for. E.g. yacht maintenance, ship chandler, event planner, superyacht toys, crew agent etc. Use high-quality images including your physical location (if you have an office), your staff members, your company products.
- Your profile won’t be active online until you ‘claim/verify it’. Usually, this means Google sends you a code to verify you’re a legit person and you activate your profile with this code. You can opt to get the code by SMS or by post.
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on your profile.
- Create ‘Posts’ so Google knows your company is up-to-date. You don’t need to post daily, but try to add content on there regularly. Posts can highlight new products, talk about promotions, give event details or share company news.
If you’re serious about marketing for your yachting business, set yourself up a profile on Google My Business. Google receives billions of searches daily and a large percentage of those are done by people looking for places within their local vicinity. The more visible you are online, the better the chances are for customers finding you.